an online and projected exhibition by
June 25, 2011
Despite business' and media's focus on globalization, the world and even large cities like New York exist at their human level as small communities of individuals in places with unique properties.
This project aims to unite artists through that uniqueness. It uses a global connection provided by the internet as a container for the un-global language, look, and connections we make at the human scale to take the way we relate to our local lives -- our local dialect -- and share it among each other globally.
To participate, use any medium to express a definition of your home, at whatever scale that implies to you. Submit a video or a photo or scan of 2- or 3-D work to Artists Unite. The work will become part of an open exhibition online. A selection of the work will be chosen to be part of an electronic catalog and that same selection will be exhibited at an event on or about June 25 (details to follow).
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Create or choose prior work that expresses a definition of your home, at whatever scale that implies to you. You can use any medium, but submission of the work must be as digital image (photo or scan) for 2-D or 3-D work or video for video or film.
2. For Photos/Scans. Submit no more than 5 images. Make the image no larger than 1024 pixels on the largest side. We will contact artists about work selected for the catalog to provide higher resolution if available.
3. Video. Submit no more than 2 videos. Video submission is via embed code. Please upload your video to YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo or other service. Obtain the embed code for that video.
You must be a member of the Artists Unite member network to submit. It is free to join and you can withdraw at any time. The network uses a social network structure to enable artists to interact with each other, much the way friends do on Facebook. It also gives Artists Unite a convenient way to contact artists interested in collaborating and participating in group projects. We send very infrequent mail to members, because we hate junk email. To join, go to https://artistsunite.ning.com/ and join.
1. Log in to the member network and from the Quick Add... pulldown in the right column, choose Photos or Video.
2. For Photos/Scans: upload no more than five (5) JPG images. (More than 5 will be deleted randomly, so please edit your submission yourself); for Video: post no more than two (2) videos via embed codes. IMPORTANT: below the entry, in the field labelled Tags, enter the tag (type the word) dialect. If you forget, you can edit your image or video post and enter the tag then. Without the tag dialect, we will not know your photo or video is for this project!
The deadline for entry for consideration to be included in the catalog is June 18 at midnight. You may submit work to be included in the online open exhibition until June 24 at midnight. Video artists may be asked to submit a video still for inclusion in the catalog. Selections for inclusion in the catalog and exhibits will be made by the curator, Peter Ferko.
The exhibition will be presented at the Artists Unite Uptown Arts Stroll event June 25 (details to follow).
Please note, while we would love to help, we do not have the resources to provide technical assistance regarding photo preparation, YouTube, etc. Many fellow artists and arts service organizations e.g., NOMAA, LMCC, may provide such assistance.
© 2023 Created by Artists Unite. Powered by
You need to be a member of Artists Unite to add comments!
Join Artists Unite